43° 0′ 32.1006″
-88° 14′ 26.0124″
The Les Paul Performance Center is located in Cutler Park where Les stuffed ads in the newspapers that he delivered as a boy. To the right of the Performance Center is where Les observed a fellow newspaper boy build a crystal radio, resulting in the early step in Les’s quest for the perfect sound.
Les Paul performed at the Performance Center, as well as at school, meetings, and fraternal organizations. Weekly summer band performances have been a tradition at the band shell since 1945.
In 1988 the city changed the name of the band shell to honor Les. The change was part of a celebration of Evelyn Polfuss’ 100th birthday and of Les’ return to Waukesha. For the last several years the band shell has been home to jazz performances.